Dental Surgery Recovery PRP& PRF can be used for multiple types of oral surgery and treatments.
During the repair of jaw ridge deformities and dental implant treatment, periodontal surgery,
grow gum and jaw bone without the need for any cadaver grafts,
sinus lifts and repair of sinus perforations, after difficult extractions especially wisdom teeth, ridge augmentations,
inlay and onlay grafts and other bone grafting procedures,
PRP& PRF can help speed a patient’s recovery and decrease post surgical discomfort and pain..
PRF consists of an autologous leukocyte-platelet-rich fibrin matrix, composed of a tetra molecular structure, with cytokines, platelets, cytokines, and stem cells within it, which acts as a biodegradable scaffold that favors the development of microvascularization and is able to guide epithelial cell migration to its surface.
Also, PRF may serve as a vehicle in carrying cells involved in tissue regeneration and seems to have a sustained release of growth factors in a period between 1 and 4 weeks, stimulating the environment for wound healing in a significant amount of time.
It has a complex architecture of strong fibrin matrix with favorable mechanical properties and is slowly remodeled, similar to blood clot..
PRF protocol requires only centrifuged blood without any addition of anticoagulant and bovine thrombin. A blood sample is taken without anticoagulant in 15-mL tubes in a glass or glass-coated plastic tube, then immediately centrifuged at 3,000 rpm for 10 minutes.
The resultant product consists of the following three layers:
● Top-most layer consisting of a cellular plasma.
● PRF clot in the middle.
● Red corpuscle base at the bottom.
After this, it is necessary to put the PRF clot in a sterile cup for approximately 10 minutes to allow the release of the proper serum contained within.
Mode of action:
At the beginning, fibrinogen is concentrated in the upper part of the tube before the proper thrombin transforms it into fibrin.
Due to the lack of an anticoagulant, blood begins to coagulate as soon as it comes in contact with the glass surface. The contact with a silica surface is required to activate the clot polymerization process. In this sense, PRF may be obtained only in dry glass tubes or glass-coated plastic tubes.
For successful preparation of PRF, speedy blood collection and immediate centrifugation before the initiation clotting cascade is absolutely essential. Quick handling is the key to achieve a clinically usable PRF clot. .
The Benefits of Platelet-Rich Fibrin
• Autologous • Fibrin • Grafting • Platelet • Natural filler • Regenerative therapy • Rejuvenation
PRF is similar to PRP except that PRF naturally contains fibrin for clot scaffolding and localization of mesenchymal stem cells.
PRF formation and centrifugation differs from PRP in that there is no anticoagulant and spin times and speeds differ.
• PRF has implied use as a natural filler.
• PRF has had remarked success as a complementary component in surgical and nonsurgical esthetic treatments.
PRF releases platelet-related therapeutic granules for a longer duration and at a slower rate than PRP.
Its preparation is a simplified and efficient technique, with centrifugation in a single step, free and openly accessible for all clinicians.
● It is obtained by autologous blood sample.
● Minimized blood manipulation.
● It does not require the addition of external thrombin because polymerization is a completely natural process, without any risk of suffering from an immunological reaction.
● It has a natural fibrin framework with growth factors within that may keep their activity for a relatively longer period and stimulate tissue regeneration effectively.
● It can be used solely or in combination with bone grafts, depending on the purpose.
● Increases the healing rate of the grafted bone.
● It is an economical and quick option compared with recombinant growth factors when used in conjunction with bone grafts.
● Used as a membrane, it avoids a donor site surgical procedure and results in a reduction in patient discomfort during the early wound-healing period.
PRP & Needle specialists
Kealor is a professional supplier for medical consumables, medical devices, aesthetic product.
We always endeavors to popularize PRP therapy in various fields such as Dermatology, Plastic surgery, Orthopedics, Neurosurgery, and so on.